domingo, 1 de julho de 2012

48. Prisioner

The girl stared at the watch on her wrist, feeling uncomfortable.
It's okay, the boy said.
I'm scared, she said, of every passing second. I'm scared of the time. I'm scared of growing up...
I know, he said. And it's okay.
It's okay to be scared?
Of course.
Why?
Because, the boy said, his voice full of make-believe knowledge, it means you're alive.
What, the girl asked, what if I don't want to be? Dead you don't grow up.
I'm afraid it's not up to you.
The girl took the watch off and threw it on the floor, stepping on it. A million pieces scattered around.
I'm going to stop time, she said. You coming?
He stared at her, wide-eyed.
Hey, she said. You coming?
Coming, he uttered.
And they left, but the broken watch on the floor kept ticking.

Sem comentários: